December 28, 2015

Last Wish by Erin Butler


Nothing feels right. Not since my best friend died and I fucked up the one promise he asked me to make. The past follows me everywhere, tangling me up like weeds, reminding me that my life is empty. So fucking empty.

Then she walks into the bar, all bright beauty and sweet lips made for kissing.

Em Stewart is a complication...one I need to avoid. She’s got heavy secrets of her own, ones she hides from her friends—and lies about to herself.

No matter how hard I try, I can't resist her, and our unexpected road trip sure as hell isn't helping my cause. But I’ll be damned if I screw up my first chance at something real...



So we've got Ronan, hero of the story, who's trying to carry out his deceased best friend's (Kyle's) last wish. As far as survivor's guilt goes, Ronan (or Bear) has it bad. He has all but written off a former friend (Chase) for his role in Kyle's death. This makes it a bit difficult for Bear to carry out Kyle's final wish of taking care of his sister, Kelsey. Kelsey happens to be romantically involved with Chase. Yep, the whole situation sounds and feels very high school. This all being said, the real plot of this book actually revolves around Bear and Kelsey's best friend, Em. Em is in a shoddy relationship and Bear ends up being the one to rescue her from the side of the road, literally. On their road trip home, they learn more about each other, themselves and discover feelings for each other they never acknowledged before. Last Wish was definitely a sweet story. I read it as a standalone and found it alright. It didn't pull at my heartstrings, though, and so I'll have to give this book a 2.5* rating.


No comments:

Post a Comment