December 1, 2015

Forgetting August by J.L. Berg

She can forgive, but can she forget?

Some days, Everly still thinks she sees him. In the food court at the mall, or in a car speeding past as the light changes. It only lasts a second, but when it happens, she slips back to a time when she was ruled-and nearly ruined-by August Kincaid. And it doesn't matter that she's moved on, that she's about to marry another man. In those moments the only thing she can do to regain control is take a deep breath and remind herself that August can't hurt her-because he's in a coma. Except that he's not anymore.

August is awake. With no memories, he sets out to solve the mystery of his lost life. He unearths a photograph of a beautiful redhead named Everly and knows instinctively that she's the key. But when he finds her, the August she describes is more monster than man.

Tortured by the thought of having hurt her, August wants only to become the man Everly deserves. As the new August emerges, Everly glimpses the person she first fell in love with. But can she trust that this August is real? When the final secret of their shared past is revealed, one of them will make a choice that changes their future forever . . .


Forgetting August is available for purchase:


I wasn't sure exactly what I was in for when I picked up Forgetting August (these sorts of things happen when you have a "to-be-read" pile of at least 50 books). I was definitely drawn in from the get-go. Different from a lot of novels I've read the last little while, this one has a bit of mystery to it and it really drew me in from that angle. Who the heck is August, what the heck did he do to Everly and so on and so forth. The intensity between August and Everly is really curious. Despite the hatred Everly has for him, she can't seem to resist him in any capacity. It kind of makes me question her character. Actually, the more I read into the novel, the less I liked Everly and the more I liked August. From the start, I had a feeling a particular someone would pop back into August's life at the most inopportune time. I wasn't wrong in my inkling of a feeling! That being said, the ending totally threw me off. THAT curve ball left me wanting more of this story, more than I already wanted the continuation! Most definitely an enjoyable novel--great start to the series, the writing is easy to read and the story is not hard to follow. There's a splash of mystery to this, otherwise, romance novel. I can't wait to jump into the next book!


No comments:

Post a Comment