November 17, 2015

Band of Bachelors: Lucas by Sharon Hamilton

Special Operator Lucas Shipley thought his troubles were past him, when he discovers they've only just begun. Recently separated from his wife of five years, he gets some unwelcomed news. He thought his living arrangement, with four other separated or divorced buddies from SEAL Team 3, was temporary. Now, he understands he has to move on with his life.

Realtor Marcy Gelland is hired by Lucas’ soon-to-be ex-wife to liquidate all their real estate holdings and help her orchestrate a speedy departure from Lucas’ life. Based on what the hot-headed SEAL wife has told her, Marcy understands Lucas deserves every ounce of pain coming his way.

But when Marcy and Lucas are left alone together in the remote Northern California woods, they ignite a personal bonfire that threatens to burn down the whole forest. Marcy is forced to see she is wrong about Lucas.

Amidst the backdrop of hardened bachelor SEALs with their unsolicited, anti-long-term relationship advice, and a terrorist training camp operating nearby, Lucas must do what he’s always done: be the hero and save the day. But will it be in time to save Marcy?



I normally love military romances but I found that I just wasn't a big fan of this one. The writing wasn't the greatest, the language was a bit choppy. I found that the story jumped all over the place with very loosely tied together. It wasn't the easiest to follow because of that. I couldn't find myself sympathizing for either Lucas or Marcy from the get-go which might have been a looming issue for me. Even by the end, though my sympathy for Marcy grew, I actually still didn't really like Lucas at all. As well, some parts of the story were quite graphic and I wouldn't suggest this book for those of you who have a sensitivity to  subjects such as rape. I was able to get through the book but I can't say I'm too intrigued to read on in this series. 



No comments:

Post a Comment