August 28, 2014

The Real Thing by Cassie Mae


Eric Matua has one friend—his best friend and childhood sweetheart, who needs a place to stay for the summer. Mia Johnson has thousands of friends—who live in her computer. Along with her email chats and Facebook notifications, Mia also devours romance novels, spending countless hours with fictional characters, dreaming of her own Romeo to sweep her off her feet. When she starts receiving supersweet messages from a stranger who thinks she’s someone else, Mia begins to believe that real love is possible outside her virtual world.

When the two friends become roommates, Mia finds herself falling harder than she ever thought she could. But Eric keeps his desires locked away, unsure of himself and his ability to give his best friend what she deserves in a boyfriend. As her advances are continually spurned, Mia splits her time between Eric and her computer. But she soon realizes she’s about to lose the only real thing she’s ever had.


The Real Thing is available for purchase:

     


I don't know how Cassie does it but she's done it again. Another novel that is totally relatable, hilarious and entertaining. The social media references and Mia's obsession with being "connected" all the time made the book so very realistic in my eyes. I'm pretty sure Hubby has said and gotten mad at me (not unlike Eric at Mia) over my attachment to my phone, computer, etc. on many occasions. Colour me guilty. I think the fact that it overpowers her life, though annoying to continually read about, makes it's point as to how much it was affecting her life and relationships.

I love me a friends to lovers story and TRT is just that. Cassie is really good at spinning stories of unlikely couples becoming couples. Makes life seem a bit sweeter--that dreams do come true, that there is happily ever after? :) We can all dream, right? I thoroughly enjoyed this novel, the story was cute and hit close to home and I love the way Cassie writes!


No comments:

Post a Comment